There are three major ways to transfer PDFs between your Apple devices or PC. Here they are:
File Transfer by Readdle
Readdle's PDFs transfer is the most intuitive way to transfer a PDF document or a batch of them from your PC/Mac to iPhone/iPad. All you need is the PDF Expert app and a connected wifi network.
Here is how it works:
- Open any browser on your desktop and enter https://wifipdf.com/ in the address bar.
- Hold your iPhone’s camera up to the QR code, tap the notification and voilà!
Your iPhone and Mac are now connected.
Now, you can instantly transfer PDFs between them. Tap on one or more files and click Download to get them from the iPhone to your computer.
To upload PDFs to your iPhone, drag and drop the file(s) into your browser.
As soon as PDFs are uploaded, they instantly appear on your device. Tap Disconnect on the iPhone, close the web page, or close the Documents app and you’re good to go.
How to transfer a file from your iPhone/iPad to Mac using Readdle Transfer
- Open the file in PDF Expert 6 on your iPhone or iPad.
- Open PDF Expert for Mac and click the Readdle Transfer button to get the file to your Mac.
- Continue working with the file on Mac. The file on your iPhone/iPad will get modifications automatically if the file is still open there. Simply tap Reload in the file modification pop-up on your iPhone or iPad.
- If you edit the file on iPhone/iPad, modifications will be pushed to Mac automatically as well, simply tap Reload in the file modification pop-up on your Mac.
- If you have closed the file on your iPhone/iPad but need to get modifications from your Mac to iPhone/iPad, save the file on Mac manually and choose Save back to iPhone/iPad option. If you want to save the modified file on your Mac, choose the Save to Mac option.
How to transfer a file from your Mac to iPhone/iPad using Readdle Transfer
- Open the file on Mac.
- Go to the Mac tab on your iPhone/iPad and choose the necessary file from the list of opened files.
- Tap the file and keep working with it on iPhone/iPad; changes made on iPhone/iPad will be automatically pushed to Mac if the file is open on Mac and vice versa, simply choose to Reload the file in the pop-up menu on Mac or iPhone/iPad correspondingly. If you have closed the file on Mac, you will be prompted to save changes to your iOS device or back to Mac upon closing the file on your iOS device.
How to transfer PDFs from Mac to iPhone or iPad via USB
To import PDFs using iTunes, please, make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed on your computer. To download iTunes use this link.
Once iTunes is installed, follow the steps below to load files or folders to PDF Expert:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and tap the iPhone/iPad icon on the top toolbar.
- Switch to the Apps tab and scroll down to the File Sharing section.
- Find PDF Expert and simply drop your files in the Documents section.
Done! After that, the files you’ve uploaded will be placed in PDF Expert iTunes files folder on your mobile device.
You can also use iTunes to download your files from PDF Expert. To do that make sure all of the necessary data are loaded to the iTunes files folder.